I have a terrible long term memory. I’m good at long term memory of knowledge, but not necessarily long-term memory of events. I figure that as I make more and more memories, I’m going to forget the ones from when I was younger.
So, here’s a mini-collection of events that I remember from my past
- Emily ignoring me in kindergarten only to be friends//I weaseled my way into her life by 3rd-5th grade.
- Me crying hysterically when my “diaper wala cha cha” left for California
- Sitting in my aunt’s lap
- Doing my terrible Arya dance with Priyal [IMPROMPTU] on stage at Jeetu bhaiya’s wedding.
- Crying and hiding my ears when I got back from India in kindergarten in pre-school
- The diaper-underwear fiasco of kindergarten
- Michael Jackson, Thriller, and my 5th Grade talent show
- Mrs. Shepherd.
- Me being upset that “This Land is Your Land” was taken during the talent show in 2nd grade (and subsequently having to do “Oh Suzanna”)
- All of middle school orchestra (me hiding in closets, MarioKart in the practice room, ordering pizza, missing Ms. Yenalavage’s class, etc. etc)
- That time I was forced to go on Nitro
- Me, Hirra, and Emily sneaking into see Catching Fire with tickets for Frozen
- The Silvia-Brandon fiasco of 6th to 7th grade
- The Yay Avi’s Got a Hot Tub Embarrassing Underwear-fiasco
- My essay in 2nd grade on world peace (if I was a queen for a day) getting me an Oh-Wow and a trip to the teachers in the higher grades
- Back to School Picnics
- Red Rover
- Square Pizza Lunches
- Thin, really salty pretzel sticks that we would hold between our fingers like cigarettes
- Silly bands
- Friendship bracelets
- Dancing along to High School Musical
- Getting to take the big white polar bear home on my birthday in pre-school
- Girl Scouts
- Pretending I always had a cold so I could go up to the board and read it while getting tissues (because I was too afraid to admit that I needed glasses)
I’ll probably make a part 2 or add to this as I remember more, but I just thought it would be a nice little list to keep track of all the events I may not remember as easily in five or ten years.